- Home /
- COVID-19 Update
Navan Dental Covid-19 Update
We are delighted to announce that Navan Dental is re-opening this coming Monday, Monday 18th May at 10am.
We have made many, many changes at the practice over the last few weeks to help to ensure the safety of our patients and their families, our staff and their families, and, indeed, the wider local community.
Our existing normal high standards of cross infection control will be further enhanced with some extra precautions, policies and procedures, specifically designed around Covid-19.
Here are some of them!
- You will be asked a series of questions to screen for Covid-19, prior to booking an appointment over the phone.
- We ask that patients are punctual for their appointments.
- We would ask that patients attend unaccompanied to their appointments at the practice. The exceptions to this would be children, patients who require to attend with a carer, and also patients who require a translator to proceed with their dental treatment.
- There is a hand sanitisation station for you to use prior on check in to your appointment, and also on checking out of the practice.
- The reception area has new protective Perspex screens, and social distancing will be maintained in the reception area.
- There are social distancing floor signs in the waiting room, at reception, and in all surgeries, to illustrate where patients should sit/stand to help to maintain social distancing.
- We have a brand new (optional) check-in system at the practice, where you can check in by holding your phone up to our new “check-in kiosk”. This is similar to the online check system that airlines use at airports, and we are one of only a few dental practices in Ireland to have this currently installed! All we need is your mobile number/email address for you to take advantage of this service.
- The waiting room is reduced in capacity, to maintain 2 metre social distancing.
- The waiting room has been cleared of all magazines, newspapers and other potential touch points.
- All of your medical history forms, GDPR consent forms and smile questionnaires can be completed in advance of your appointment, in the comfort of your own homes! This option further reduces touch points at the practice for our patients. Again all you need to do, is to make sure that we hold your correct mobile/email address!
- We have installed an air purifying system at the practice; in the waiting room, and in every surgery. These are scientifically proven to remove potential bacteria and virus particles from the air around you. Again, we are one of only a small percentage of dental practices to have installed this type of air filtration system!
- Your temperature will be taken in surgery, before you have any treatment at the practice.
- Our dental team will be wearing the appropriate level of PPE, depending on the procedure that you are having at the practice, as illustrated in the pictures by Dr. Buchanan.
- Where possible (and appropriate), doors within the practice will be left open, to help to minimise unnecessary door handle contacts.
- Patients are asked not to wear gloves within the practice to maintain high levels of hand hygiene within the practice.
- Our staff will be screened each morning for symptoms of a fever/cough.
Any patients that are over 70 years of age, or who are medically compromised will be offered appointment times, when the practice has protected periods of reduced footfall.
We may look a little bit different with our PPE that we will be wearing, but rest assured, that it will be the same fantastic team underneath, who will be there to help you along your journey at Navan Dental.
We look forward to welcoming you all back