- Home /
- General Dentistry /
- Check Up
Visiting a new Dentist for the first time can be a bit daunting. At Navan Dental, we do our best to put you at ease, with our relaxed and friendly welcome.
On your first visit, we conduct a very detailed assessment of your mouth, teeth and gums.
- recording a medical history, asking you about any medical conditions you may have, or medication you are taking, which could influence the health of your mouth
- recording each individual tooth, fillings and areas of concern
- conducting a thorough examination including checking your jaw points for signs of abnormalities or disease
- conductinga free cancer screening which checks the soft tissues of your mouth
- checking the gums for signs of any current or past gum disease
- checking the teeth for any decay or abnormal wear
- taking x-rays of the inside of your mouth so we can monitor areas of concern
- making appropriate recommendations of any treatments which may be required, based upon our findings
Good communication is essential and therefore we allocate sufficient time to both examine the patient and listen attentively to your observations and desires. Often the patient knows more about their dental condition than the dentist. So if you have any problems or queries, then please do not hesitate to inform or ask us.
It is important for you to have regular dental examinations so that your dentist can help you to maintain a healthy mouth and also check for any early signs of dental problems, such as decay or gum disease. They enable your dentist to correct problems before they become complicated and require extensive treatment.
CHECK UPS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILDREN ARE JUST €25.